Overground Online
Overground Online

1999 Flashback: Shanks & Bigfoot - Sweet Like Chocolate

This month marks 13 years since UK garage/dance music producers Shanks & Bigfoot topped the charts with their breakthrough hit Sweet Like Chocolate.

Steven Meade and Danny Langsman were originally known on the underground scene as Doolally, mainly thanks to their 2-step classic Straight from the Heart, featuring vocalist Sharon Woolf.

But they became a mainstream success after the release of Sweet Like Chocolate (also sung by Woolf) in May 1999. The track went platinum; was top 10 across the globe, and maintained the UK’s number one chart spot for a month.

According to Music Week, the tune ‘became the first record ever to top the independent, r&b, dance and main CIN charts simultaneously’.

| | | More
Tags British music, Shanks, Bigfoot, Sweet Like Chocolate, Steven Meade, Danny Langsman, Doolally, Sharon Woolf
Related Articles Overground News Show: FeelingMandy.Fm 26/10/12 Overground News Show: FeelingMandy.Fm 01/06/12 The Only Way Is...FAB Life 1994 Flashback: The Prodigy - No Good (Start the Dance) RIP RDB Singer Kuly Ral Happy Birthday Kano Bashy, Wretch 32 and producer DaVinche Collaborate for Male Pride 1992 Flashback: On a Ragga Tip - SL2 Akala Breaks Down the UK Music Industry Aswad & Tippa Irie Concert 2002 Flashback: Oi! - More Fire Crew Still Bill: The Bill Withers Story 2004 Flashback: Murda - Klashnekoff 1991 Flashback: Killer - Seal and Adamski Overground Online in the Guardian 2001 Flashback: Can't Get You Out of My Head - Kylie Minogue 1981 Flashback: Love Me Tonight - Trevor Walters Overground Live: London Music Showcase 2001 Flashback: Witness (1 Hope) - Roots Manuva Damn Girl: The Thirst Release New Single 2001 Flashback: 21 Seconds - So Solid Crew 2001 Flashback: Booo! - Ms Dynamite and Sticky Alesha Dixon Statement on Split with Record Label Ooh Whooa Whoa! Mr Midas Releases New Single 2001 Flashback: Do You Really Like It? - DJ Pied Piper & the MCs Watch Wiley's Numbers In Action Video Watch Smiley Culture March Video 1996 Flashback: Firestarter - The Prodigy 1986 Flashback: Can't Wait Another Minute - Five Star John Legend Covers Adele's Rolling In The Deep Talay Riley Video Diary with JLS 1996 Flashback: Return of the Mack - Mark Morrison Hot Wuk Carnival Party Watch Mandy's House Rave at Boheme The Craziest Ever X Factor Wannabe? 2001 Flashback: Mis-Teeq Why? 1986 Flashback: 5 Star System Addict Junglist Massive Competition: Win A Copy of All Crews One Night Stand Katy B and Ms Dynamite Release Lights On Video MOBO 2010's Grime Finale was Historic Moment for UK Hip Hop New British Singer Jessie J Is UK's Most Popular New Export About Us | Overground Online I Should Have Stayed at School Says Pop Star Chipmunk Chipmunk and the Price of Teen Fortune and Fame Amy Winehouse: 'I Want to Have Black Babies' British Soul Music Changed My Life Says Mary J Blige Channel U Best of British Awards 2005
COMMENTS (23) Add your comment
There are no comments for this post yet. Be the first!

LATEST VIDEOS
EDITOR'S PICKS
About Us - Contact Us