Summer Fashion Tips for Every Body Shape01:36 - Thursday 19 May 2011 - In Category Fashion
Are you a woman who tends to buy clothes you like, rather than styles that actually suit your body shape?
Wearing the right clothes for your body is essential if you want to accentuate your assets, and cleverly style the quirky areas…
But do you even know what your body shape is? And if so, what should you (or not) be wearing to compliment it?
Check out Potential U’s Must-Have Guide for your body shape this season:
1. Pear: You have a small upper body, defined waist and curvy full hips and thighs. MUST HAVE: Trench/Mac double-breasted coat. A chic piece to balance out your proportion this spring.
2. Hourglass: You are well proportioned! Your hips and your shoulders are balanced and in proportion and you have a defined waist line. MUST HAVE: A thin coloured belt is a great piece to accentuate your defined waist and inject colour. Looks stunning on a fitted or tailored dress.
3. Athletic/Boyish: Your shoulders, waist and hips are all the same parallel width. You have no waist definition. MUST HAVE: Silk loose-fitting blouse. A stylish piece that complements jeans and trousers this season.
4. Apple/Top Heavy: You are well endowed on top with bigger chest, back or shoulders in proportion to your waist and hips. MUST HAVE: Tired long or a lined skirt. A good piece to balance out your proportions. Best worn with a plain low neck t-shirt or top.
5. Tall: You are tall if you are over 5’8 in height. You have longer limbs particularly your arms and legs. MUST HAVE: Cropped turn up chino trousers. Breathable comfortable trousers for those casual leisurely weekends.
6. Petite: You have small body frame and are a maximum height of 5’4ft. MUST HAVE: Cropped denim jacket. An essential piece for your causal wardrobe this spring/summer – perfect with a dress.
Receive a FREE Body shape Analysis consultation (worth £49) when you book any Personal Shopping, Wardrobe Detox or Wardrobe Management consultation with Potential-U before Thursday 30 June 2011.