Overground Online
Overground Online

2001 Flashback: It Wasn't Me - Shaggy and Rik Rok

In March 2001, reggae star Shaggy topped the UK and US charts with It Wasn’t Me.

Shaggy borrowed the song’s popular hook from a 1987 comedy sketch featured in Eddie Murphy’s film Raw. Watch it here.

The track is the UK’s fourth biggest-selling international single of the 21st century and earned the Jamaican rapper numerous accolades including a place on our list of Top 20 Reggae and Dancehall Albums of the Decade.

| | | More
Tags reggae, relationships, Eddie Murphy, shaggy, It Wasnt Me, Raw
Related Articles If You're Trying to Get Over Breakup - Try This Caribbean Festivals 2014 Listen: Overground Radio Show, 27/09/13 Serocee Talks Rap, Reggae and Radio One Cheerleader Singer Omi is a Future Chart Topper The Economics of Love and Marriage Overground News Show: FeelingMandy.Fm 18/01/13 Keisha White Considers Jamaica Move after Sizzla Collaboration Free Download: UK Reggae and Dancehall Mix (2003 -2006) Overground News Show: FeelingMandy.Fm 16/11/12 Overground News Show: FeelingMandy.Fm 26/10/12 Overground News Show: FeelingMandy.Fm 19/10/12 Free Download: Best Dancehall Songs 2012 Sunday 21 October: Bashment Vibes @ The Alibi, Dalston E8 2PB Special Tribute: We Remember Tubby T (RIP) 1987 Flashback: Just Don't Want to Be Lonely - Freddie McGregor Bashment Vibes Jubilee Party @ The Alibi, Dalston Ninjaman Interview Watch Will Smith Talk About His Marriage Listen Back to Overground on BBC Radio London 1992 Flashback: On a Ragga Tip - SL2 Aswad & Tippa Irie Concert Overground News Show on FeelingMandy.fm - 16/03/12 Overground's Radio Show on FeelingMandy.fm - 02/03/12 1981 Flashback: Love Me Tonight - Trevor Walters Club Night: Sex, Love and Money 1991 Flashback: Let's Talk About Sex - Salt, Pepa and DJ Spinderella The One Love Peace Festival Ooh Whooa Whoa! Mr Midas Releases New Single Horace Andy and Johnny Clarke Live in Concert Lily Allen's Dad Launches Princess Diana Film 1991 Flashback: Trailer Load a Girls - Shabba Ranks Video: Made In Chelsea Vs The Only Way Is Essex Why is Donald Trump Attacking President Obama? London Reggaementary Vybz Kartel's Controversial TV Interview UK Soundclash: Foreign Invasion 2001 Flashback: Girls Dem Sugar Buju Banton Facing 15 Years in Prison Katie Price Confirms Split with Alex Reid: Video and Full Statement 1986 Flashback: Grace Jones Pull Up to the Bumper Hot Wuk Xmas Party Buju to Perform with Shaggy, Stephen Marley and Sly & Robbie Man Jailed for Posting Pictures of Naked Ex-Girlfriend on Facebook Watch Rihanna and Drake Video - What's My Name Reggae Legend Gregory Isaacs Dies in London Is Love More Important than Money? Mel B Cries Over Eddie Murphy on New Reality Show Getting Married is Good for Your Health Old Church of England Priest to Marry Young Nigerian Boyfriend Musical Youth on X Factor, Tragedy and Fame Mum-of-Three Accused of Sex with Daughter's 14-Year-Old Boyfriend Channel 4 Star Elliott Tittensor Talks Sex, Man United and Reggae Harvey Disses Ex-Wife Alesha Dixon Me, Myself and I: Beyonce Celebrates Five Years of Solo Jams Watch Sean Paul's Angry Rant at Atlantic Records Alton Ellis Interview: RIP Reggae Legend RIP Jean Adebambo and Tony Hart Young Gifted and Black: Bob Andy & Marcia Griffiths
COMMENTS (23) Add your comment
There are no comments for this post yet. Be the first!

LATEST VIDEOS
EDITOR'S PICKS
About Us - Contact Us