Overground Online
Overground Online

Watch Vybz Kartel's Weak Excuse for Bleached Out Skin

Here at Overground, we’ve noticed that reggae MC Vybz Kartel’s skin has become lighter over the past few years.

We thought he may have been suffering from vitiligo, the skin disorder Michael Jackson claimed made his face and body lighter.

However, in this interview with Jamaican TV show Entertainment Report, Kartel explains that acidic cake soap (designed to clean household goods) and air conditioning are to blame.

COMMENTS (23) Add your comment
PETER EASY, 16/10/2010 23:22

SHORT FELL VYBZ KARTEL THOUGH BOUNTY KILLER START HIM WELL, ON HIS OWN HE’S AN EMPTY SHELL SICK AS HELL. BLEACH IS FREAKY HE CAN’T FOOL NOBODY END OF STORY.(MR. EASY)

Sayy Wahhhh?, 9/01/2011 22:21

Well i don’t know how he can be so proud to be a Jamacian, but then try to make his skin lighter. So he loves the fact he’s a black Jamacian man, but wants skin that resembles a white man? I don’t even need to watch the video, this is SELF HATE and as a black person im so sick of seeing this shit, when will people just be proud & flaunt what genetics gave them?

coy boss, 4/02/2011 01:14

mi nah rate uh mi hate uh

ACE, 26/03/2011 15:18

Its one thing to go and bleach yourself, its just worse when you claim to be a “MAN”. Since when did (REAL) women find a male ‘bleacher’ attractive. If he hates his skin so much then I guess we should not judge him so much after all self-hate is an illness just like alcoholism and drug takers!

White brudda, 13/05/2011 12:27

I’m White and I think vybz is a messed up guy. Ur born how ur born if god wanted u White or lighter u would be born like that, stop challenging nature!

Blackmanstyle., 11/08/2011 17:34

Fuck vybz. Bleeching your skin, whats wrong with being black, I’m a black teenager & I’m proud of my colour! I WAS a big fan of your music, but as soon as I saw you on your cover of your current album ‘Kingston story’ I felt disgusted of what you done to your skin, go back to your other colour the way you were naturally made!

thoque, 27/08/2011 00:44

cm on vybz this aint u.dnt be an embarassment 2 nature

yeeeeeboi, 15/09/2011 21:01

wah yu du dat dem ting der vybzzz nah man

dero, 17/10/2011 08:14

vybz is atrue difinition of the word ‘LOSER” OR TRIED 2 B LYK MJ.but cnt b lyk him man.too late 4 u

Phinoo, 24/07/2013 17:06

I dint expect that from kartel

LATEST VIDEOS